Rustic kitchens never go out of style. You wonder why? The taste of homemade food, the company of family and friends, traditions… All of it is a delightful thing to experience, moreover, when you are able to enjoy it at home. That’s why we are going to show you the best ideas for decorating a rustic kitchen so the kitchen has that traditional and cozy touch that you like so much. Stay with us!
Índice del artículo
- 1 Rustic construction kitchens
- 2 Rustic modern kitchens
- 3 White rustic kitchens
- 4 Rustic kitchens from IKEA
- 5 Rustic kitchens and how to decorate them
- 6 Rustic kitchens in stone and wood designs
- 7 Rustic cement kitchen
- 8 Chic Rustic Kitchens
- 9 Tips to decorate your rustic kitchen
- 10 Rustic slideshow kitchens
Rustic construction kitchens
Decorating the kitchen with natural materials, in this case wood, makes the house convey warmth and a rustic atmosphere regarding the house. You can choose to decorate all the kitchen in wood or combine it with modern elements. Both options will definitely make a nice and traditional house.
In this photo we have another style, entirely different from the previous one, which is a kitchen made of cement. This type of kitchen is a bit dark but contemporary. If we put some color in it, it will look better. For instance, take a look at the wooden countertop or some painting, which will give a cheerful and different touch.
Rustic construction kitchens are more expensive, but the results are always much more personal. You can also add elements that come from other decorative styles, and that can be your inspiration. We leave more examples in the following gallery that we hope might inspire you:
Rustic modern kitchens
Modern rustic kitchens have an industrial look and are becoming more and more popular. This is the reason why every day we find more kitchens that have this very same style. You can get a light or dark color, or it can be a white or black kitchen. It will depend on your own taste.
Dark kitchens can hide everything and are quite comfortable. However, if the kitchen is small or does not have much space it is better not to use dark colors. The combinations can be many, but the most common is stainless steel cabinets, wooden table with dark walls, for example in different shades of gray, which will result in a very cozy kitchen. Discover more about this in the next photo gallery.
You may also want to see more examples of small modern kitchens.
White rustic kitchens
- You can not forget about the white rustic kitchens, which are a classic and quite traditional. The main advantage of this type of kitchen is that it increases the luminosity and the feeling that everything is perfectly cleaned. Just by making the space of the kitchen much more striking, in addition with other elements and styles, we will achieve a rustic and modern decoration for our kitchen or even the mininimalist kind.Another advantage that we can also see in this photo is the breadth of space. This is one of the keys to the success of white rustic kitchens. If the kitchen is small, choose white furniture or light colors. That way you will get a kitchen with charm and full of light.In addition rustic kitchens in a white color actually combine much better with that other elements that characterize this type of kitchens. We are of course talking about wood. We can usually find wooden furniture or wooden tables. Same goes to the ceilings and even reagrding laminate floors. In fact, this last one is currently one of the hottest trends when it comes to interior decorating. We leave this gallery just in case you are interested in seeing more white rustic kitchens.
Rustic kitchens from IKEA
The kitchen doesn’t necessarily have to be entirely rustic, you can also introduce elements to help you achieve turning your country house into a nice rustic house. In this photo we see a rustic house from IKEA with stone countertops and traditional appliances. It is wise to move the furniture with integrated light, as they tend to convey coziness.
In this image what predominates is the white furniture with laminated fronts. This is very characteristic when it comes to rural houses, but this doesn’t mean we can overlook the country’s inspiration given by the plants. This kitchen also has details made out of natural materials, such as wooden floor. We now leave you more models of rural kitchens that you can find in IKEA.
- Ikea kitchen catalog 2016
Rustic kitchens and how to decorate them
A rustic kitchen’s main characteristic is that it’s basically made out of natural materials, such as wood, forge and stones that can convey coziness and originality, but that usually comes with new objects and decorative modern elements in basic colors, such as green and beige.
History shows us that we have always liked the rustic kitchen style. The typical country houses had the dining room integrated into a multifunctional kitchen. England was the first European country in the eighteenth century to create a specific room to eat. From there the middle class started fancying pleasant comfortable dining rooms. Also, the kitchens used to be furnished with decorative objects, rustic and contemporaneous , or with 18th century antiques, generally for the kitchen and the dining room.Up next we will start analyzing the rustic kitchens and the best and most modern styles. We will also take a look at the latest trends: we will see the rustic kitchens with design in stone and wood, steel furniture (neorustico style), cement and chic kitchens.
All this with complete photo galleries, among which designs that are more recent stand out. Therefore, if you are looking for a rustic kitchen for the upcoming year, all this information will surely be essential.
Rustic kitchens in stone and wood designs
Stone and wood are the main elements regarding rustic interior designs. The wooden furniture is the most suitable for country style decorations and this is because the wood conveys a sense of warmth and also adds a traditional touch.
The stone also plays a fundamental role in the rustic style. We normally would find this material in modern structures and in sets of furniture, accompanied by wood because the combination between both materials belnds in perfectly and we get a charming rustic decoration.
Rustic cement kitchen
The biggest hit right now are the cement kitchens. They give a slightly darker image but they are contemporary because they have a touch of color, they look great with wood elements (countertops or shelves). This is a truly practical material for cabinets, walls or even on an island. This way, you will get a rustic kitchen with a different touch.
To achieve a personal space, minimalist and with a cold spot, you should choose a kitchen of cement (because it is a material that lasts a lifetime). There are several types of color and this is due to the application of pigments. We will obtain polished cement in variety of colors and different results in glitter and matte.
In addition, and although the darkness is something that we have already said that characterizes this type of kitchens, we can also find some proposals that are somewhat more striking and clear because, for example, it counts with the white among its highlighted colors. In the next photogallery you can see several styles of rustic cement kitchens and also with the colores we’ve already mentioned.
Chic Rustic Kitchens
We are certain that you have questions just by reading the title of this section. What makes rustic kitchens chic? Well, kitchens that use a lot of wood, hydraulic or white tile and mix contemporary furniture with vintage and industrial design, convey a very cozy look.
In many aspects it resembles the neorustico style, not only because they are one of the most popular styles at the moment, but also because they mix styles and furniture of different times, but they differ in that the chic style has far too many decorative elements, whereas the neorústico is the most sober of all.
The “chic” style for this type of kitchens comes mainly determined because it is conceived as a style that may seem as dark or “strong” as the rustic one but that can seem much more refined or that can have a design in which furniture and colors combine to make our rustic kitchen look much more modern.
The chic style is also very bohemian and, therefore, is quite fashionable. This is a style that is characterized by the mixture of materials, colors, textures, furniture coming from different times and styles, like we can see in the following images.
Tips to decorate your rustic kitchen
Rustic kitchens are characterized by traditional elements, but they can always have a rustic look with modern furniture. Thus, we will now give you a series of tips to help you decorate your kitchens.
- To get a rustic and country style the best option is to choose wooden furniture. This material conveys warmth and it also bring tradition and harmony to the kitchen.
- Another option to take into account is to paint wooden furniture in white and ocher tones, combined with varnished wooden doors.
- A variation of the above would be the furniture of construction without doors of wood. You can put cloth curtains, which can be cheaper and that can go really well in a country house.
- We can replace high furniture with open cupboards that are suitable for both large and small kitchens.
- Another way to decorate your kitchen is to replace the high furniture with wooden furniture, thus we will achieve that rustic style that we are looking for. One tip is to paint the work shelf the color of the wall so everything combines better.
- An Office table made of wood or metal is ideal for breakfast and lunch.
- To gain space use wooden benches. You can place on each side of the table a bench that has the same length as the board. Add cushions independent of the tones that predominate in the space and you will see how they hardly occupy any room and, at the same time, are very decorative.
- If your kitchen is small or you do not have space for a table, place a breakfast bar with stools underneath, which will give a light and dynamic look to the kitchen.
- The kitchen countertops should vary, always according to the decoration and how the kitchen should choose the best combination for the countertop. Natural stones such as granite and marble are ideal for a field kitchen, but if the furniture is clear or you can choose wood you should, because it will be the best combination.
- Do not forget when it comes to colors that brown, wood color and gray, stone color, are essential, but you can also introduce others that will allow you to get some light when decorating in small spaces. Out of all, the white color is the one that will be essential when combining. This color is also currently trending.
- You should also bet on ceilings that are outstanding and if you have one that’s high or very high it will be a matter of taking advantage of that in order to be able to count, for example, with a ceiling that is made of wood, either with strips of beams or beams that are also characteristic of the rustic kitchens.
Rustic slideshow kitchens
In the following video you will find more examples of rustic kitchens of different types and styles so that you have more ideas to decorate your kitchen.
You might also find interesting: