In this post we will be talking about fun and simple crafts, such as three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree that we hope you’ll find exceptional.
Índice del artículo
- 1 Materials for making three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree
- 2 How to make three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree
- 3 More designs of three-dimensional stars
Materials for making three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree
In this case, the idea is to easily make three-dimensional stars that can be used to decorate, so that you do not necessarily have to spend your money to add to your tree a new ornament every year. Let’s see how to do it!
To make these three-dimensional stars you will need:
- Thin cardboard (may be the carton of a box of cereals, for example)
- Decorative paper or paintings
- Glue stick
How to make three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree
Making these stars is truly simple:
- First, you have to draw on a sheet of paper a star-shaped mold. This template will allow all the stars you make to be the same size.
- With the mold that you have already made you can make the shapes of stars in the thin cardboard.
- Once cut, we can start decorating them, and for that we have different options and you can use the technique you want: paint with tempera or acrylics, cover them with cloth, cover them with glitter, paint them with spray or give them to kids that can paint the stars with colors. There are a billion options.
- When they are already decorated (and dried in case you have applied paint), make a cut with the scissors between two peaks of a star, and that will reach approximately half of the star.
- Take the other star and embed it with other stars so it can be three-dimensional.
- Finally place a thread at one end of the star to be able to hang it from the Christmas tree.
Video on how to make three-dimensional stars
More designs of three-dimensional stars
Another type of three-dimensional stars for the Christmas tree, is the one you see below, a model that we can find even in stores but we can do ourselves with a little practice and following all these steps.
Materials you will be needing if you want to make such star
- 6 sheets of paper
- See through adhesive tape
How to make a Christmas star
The first thing we have to do is to fold each sheet (they have to be in the shape of a square) so that we end up with a triangle, like the one you see in the photo above.
We have to cut 4 lines parallel to each side of the triangle with the scissors. You should start at the base and you can make it easier to cut it by bending the triangle in half. This way, you will end up with the lines completely equal to the two sides.
When the cuts are done, we have to unfold the paper and begin to roll the two lines of paper inside. When they are put together, stick them with the tape.
We turn the paper backwards, so that we can repeat the same process with the following lines but the other way around.
We will have to go alternating two sides so that we are joining the lines on both sides and we can achieve the shape you see in the photo above. You should do the same with each of the six sheets of paper.
Take three of the sheets that are already made and the joints at the end to be able to staple them together. We then do the same with the other three so that we have the two parts of the star and we staple those parts to fully finish the ornament.
We grapple where each “blade” or “arm” of the star touches the closest “blade” or “arm”, respectively (see the picture above). In doing so, we ensure that the shape of the star is the good one.
We hope you find the following articles interesting: